OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS
EJobr.com is an online marketplace that enables buyers of professional services (“Employers”) to search for, enter into and manage transactions with providers of professional services (“Freelancers” and, collectively with Employers, “Registered Users”). The Website contains features that enable Freelancers and Employers to do, among other things, the following:
Employers: Create profiles, post projects, search for Freelancers, communicate with Freelancers,negotiate with Freelancers, award projects to Freelancers, manage projects, leave feedback for Freelancers, and pay Freelancers.
Freelancers (or Jobrs): Create profiles, advertise capabilities, submit quotes, negotiate with Employers, obtain project awards, invoice, obtain feedback from Employers, and receive payment from Employers.
We also provide Registered Users with certain services described in, and subject to, these Terms of Service (as further defined below, the “Services”). We may add, delete or modify some or all of such Services at any time at our sole discretion with reasonable notice posted in advance on the Website. Capitalized terms used in these Terms of Service have the following meanings:
“1099 Service” means the service described in Section 7.
“Account” means the account created by the Website upon registration.
“Assumed Payment Liabilities” shall mean that portion of a Freelancer’s total service charges for a Project which EJobr.com agrees to assume in consideration of the Service Charges.
“Dispute Resolution Service” means the service described in Section 6.
“Employer’s Acceptance of Services” shall mean: (i) with respect to an Invoice, a transfer of funds by Employer to EJobr.com in respect of such Invoice or (ii) with respect to the TruePay Service, the earlier to occur of the following: (a) Employer and the Freelancer agree as to the rightful recipient of the funds or (b) Employer and Freelancer have concluded the process comprising the Dispute Resolution Service.
“EJobr Billing and Payment Services” means, collectively, the EJobr Invoice Service and Service.
“EJobr Invoice Service” means the service described in Section 5(A).
“TruePay Service” means the service described in Section 5(B).
“Service Charges” means, as applicable, the Project Fee, Employer Payment Processing Fee, the Freelancer Transfer Method Fee and the Dispute Resolution Service Fee.
“Services” means, collectively, the EJobr Billing and Payment Service, the Dispute Resolution Service and the 1099 Service.
“Website” means the world wide web site operated by EJobr.com at http://www.EJobr.com or any replacement URL.
A. Eligibility. To access our Services through our Website, you must be a legal entity, or an individual of eighteen (18) years of age or older who can form legally binding contracts. To become a Registered User, you must accept all of the terms and conditions in, incorporated by reference in, and linked to, these Terms of Service. By becoming a Registered User, you agree to: (1) abide by the Terms of Service and the processes, procedures, and guidelines described throughout the Website; (2) be financially responsible for your use of the Website and the purchase or delivery of services; and (3) perform your obligations as specified by any Project Agreement that you accept, unless such obligations are prohibited by law or by the Terms of Service. EJobr.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse, suspend, or terminate Services to anyone.
B. Registration. To become a Registered User and to access Services you must register for an Account. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information as prompted by the registration form and all forms you access on the Website, and to update this information to maintain its truthfulness, accuracy and completeness.
C. Accounts and Profiles.
General. Once you have registered with the Website as a Registered User, the Website will create your Account with EJobr.com and associate it with an account number. You may create a profile under your Account, in accordance with Section 2(D).
Username and Password. During registration, you will be asked to choose a username and password for the Account. As a Registered User, you agree and you are entirely responsible to safeguard and maintain the confidentiality of the username and password you use to access this Website. You authorize EJobr.com to assume that any person using the Website with your username and password is you or is authorized to act for you. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of the Account.
EJobr.com provides Registered Users several different membership options. The availability of these membership options is dependent upon (i) the Registered User’s status as an Employer or a Freelancer (ii) the selections made during registration, (iii) any subsequent upgrades or downgrades of membership options after registration.
Employers. All Employers have the membership benefits described on the services page. Note, membership benefits may change from time to time at the sole discretion of EJobr.com and upon reasonable notice posted in advance on the Website.
Freelancers. Freelancers can choose from different membership options. The options and differences between these options are listed on the services page
Each membership option includes a certain number of “bids.” As described on the Website, a Freelancer uses bids to submit quotes for projects. If a Freelancer requires additional bids in a given month, the Freelancer has the option to buy additional bids as described on the services page We reserve the right to change membership fees, the monthly number of bids included in the membership options or the price of bids or institute new fees at any time, at the sole discretion of EJobr.com and upon reasonable notice posted in advance on the Website. No refunds of membership fees, bids or skill tests already paid will be given. If we exercise our right to cancel a membership as provided under these Terms of Service, at any time, we will not refund the membership fee already paid.
A. Employer and Freelancer.
1. Project Agreement. The engagement, contracting and management of a project are between an Employer and a Freelancer. Upon acceptance of a quote, the Employer agrees to purchase, and the Freelancer agrees to deliver, the services and related deliverables in accordance with the following agreements: (a) the agreement between Employer and Freelancer including the Project Bid, Project Description, and other terms and conditions as communicated between Employer and Freelancer on the Website or otherwise, (b) these Terms of Service, and (c) any other content uploaded to the Website by EJobr.com (collectively, the “Project Agreement”). You agree not to enter into any contractual provisions in conflict with these Terms of Service. Any provision of a Project Agreement in conflict with these Terms of Service is void. Employer is responsible for managing, inspecting, accepting and paying for satisfactory services and deliverables in accordance with the Project Agreement in a timely manner. Freelancer is responsible for the performance and quality of the services in accordance with the Project Agreement in a timely manner. Employer and Freelancer each covenants and agrees to act with good faith and fair dealing in performance of the Project Agreement.
2. Independence. Employer and Freelancer each acknowledges and agrees that their relationship is that of independent contractors. The Freelancer shall perform services as an independent contractor and nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employer-employee relationship between Freelancer and Employer or between EJobr.com and any Employer or Freelancer.
B. Registered Users and EJobr.com
1. General. EJobr.com is not a party to the dealing, contracting and fulfillment of any Project between an Employer and a Freelancer. EJobr.com has no control over and does not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of any services performed or deliverables created, advertised, the truth or accuracy of project listings, the qualifications, background, or abilities of Registered Users, the ability of Freelancers to perform services, the ability of Employers to pay for services, or that an Employer or Freelancer can or will actually complete a Project. EJobr.com is not responsible for and will not control the manner in which a Freelancer operates and is not involved in the hiring, firing, discipline or working conditions of the Freelancer. All rights and obligations for the purchase and sale of services or other deliverables are solely between an Employer and a Freelancer. EJobr.com will not provide any Freelancer with any materials or tools to complete any Project. Employers and Freelancers must look solely to the other for enforcement and performance of all the rights and obligations arising from Project Agreements and any other terms, conditions, representations, or warranties associated with such dealings.
2. Third-Party Beneficiary of Project Agreement. Employer and Freelancer each acknowledges and agrees that the value, reputation, and goodwill of the Website depend on their performance of their covenants and agreements as set forth in their Project Agreement. Employer and Freelancer therefore appoint EJobr.com as a third-party beneficiary of their Project Agreement for purposes of enforcing the obligations owed to, and the benefits conferred on, EJobr.com by these Terms of Service. Employers and Freelancers further agree that EJobr.com has the right to take such actions with respect to the Project Agreement or their Accounts, including without limitation, suspension, termination, or any other legal actions, as EJobr.com in its sole discretion deems necessary to protect the value, reputation, and goodwill of the Website.
3. Agency. These Terms of Service and any registration for or subsequent use of this Website by any user or Registered User will not be construed as creating or implying any relationship of agency, franchise, partnership or joint venture between you and EJobr.com, except and solely to the extent expressly stated.
4. Taxes. Registered Users are responsible for payment and reporting of any taxes. Other than in connection with the 1099 Service, EJobr.com is not obligated to determine the applicability of any taxes or to remit, collect or report any such applicable taxes, unless otherwise agreed to by both parties pursuant to the terms of any provision of tax services provided to you by EJobr.com. You agree that you will abide by any and all applicable state and federal tax statutes, regulations and common law. In the event EJobr.com receives a notice of non-compliance with any such statute, regulation or common law, including, without limitation, an Internal Revenue Service Levy, EJobr.com will deem such receipt a breach of this section and will suspend your Account until EJobr.com received an Internal Revenue Service Release.
A. Membership Fee. Freelancers can choose various membership programs to subscribe to different levels of participation on the Website, as detailed on our sign up page
B. Services Fees. EJobr.com deducts one or more of the following fees, as applicable, from payments made by Employers to Freelancers using the EJobr Billing and Payment Services:
1. Project Fee. EJobr.com charges all Freelancers a Project Fee. The fee is based on a Freelancer’s membership type and is deducted from the total amount paid by an Employer for a Project as described on the services page
2. Employer Payment Handling Fee. When an Employer pays a Freelancer, a Payment Handling Fee (3.5%) will be added to the invoice total.
3. Freelancer Transfer Method Fee. If, upon a Freelancer’s request, funds are to be disbursed via check or a wire transfer, a Freelancer Transfer Method Fee will be charged to the Freelancer as described on the services page. Transfers made through use of automated clearinghouse, Paypal and Payoneer debit card methods will incur no such fee.
4. Dispute Resolution Service Fee. For use of Dispute Resolution Services, irrespective of the nature of resolution and any resulting disbursements, EJobr.com charges a Dispute Resolution Service Fee, equal to the greater of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) and five percent (5%) of the total amount paid by an Employer to EJobr.com for the applicable project to which such payment relates.
5. Employer Withdrawal Fee. When the employer withdraws funds from their cash account there is a withdrawal fee (3.5%). This fee will be subtracted from the amount withdrawn.
C. We reserve the right to change membership fees, service fees, processing fees or any other fee that may be charged by EJobr.com at any time, at the sole discretion of EJobr.com and upon reasonable notice posted in advance on the Website. No refunds of fees already paid will be given. If we exercise our right to cancel a membership as provided under these Terms of Service, at any time, we will not refund the membership fee already paid.
EJobr BILLING AND PAYMENT SERVICES
A. EJobr Invoice Service. The EJobr Invoice Service enables Freelancers to issue invoices and enables Employers to make payments for services.
1. General. When a Freelancer completes a Project for an Employer, the Freelancer will complete the electronic invoice form (the “Invoice”) and submit it to EJobr.com via the Website. A Freelancer must complete and submit an Invoice to EJobr.com for each and every Project. The Freelancer will provide EJobr.com with a list of items, including, but not limited to, hours worked, payment required and description of Project(s), to be included on the Invoice (“Invoice Details”). Such Invoice Details will not be final until and unless such Freelancer has confirmed the accuracy of the Invoice Details or waived the right to review the Invoice Details. If a Professional waives his, her or its right to review the Invoice Details, all items in the Invoice Details will be included on the Invoice as received by EJobr.com. EJobr.COM ENCOURAGES ALL FREELANCERS TO REVIEW INVOICE DETAILS. EJobr.com will submit the Invoice to the Employer and the Employer shall submit the payment specified in the Invoice (“Payment”) to EJobr.com. When an Employer makes a payment through the EJobr Invoice Service, EJobr.com deducts the appropriate Service Charges due EJobr.com as described on the Website and delivers the remainder of the Payment to the Freelancer.
2. Invoice Disputes. If an Employer reasonably disputes any Invoice, the Employer will pay all undisputed amounts within the time frames specified above and the parties will cooperate to verify any disputed amounts. Any Invoice amounts reasonably disputed by an Employer will not be payable to a Freelancer until such dispute is resolved. EJobr.com’s obligation to pay any Payment (less applicable Service Charge) is expressly conditioned upon: (a) EJobr.com’s receipt of Payment from the applicable Employer and (b) resolution of all outstanding disputes with respect to such Invoice and/or Payment.
B. Pay Service. The TruePay Service enables Employers to transfer certain payment responsibilities to EJobr.com.
1. General. At an Employer’s request, upon payment to EJobr.com by Employer for services to be rendered by a Freelancer, EJobr.com will assume responsibility for the payment for such Freelancer’s services (less applicable Service Charge). EJobr.com agrees not to pay Freelancers for services until after the occurrence of an Employer’s Acceptance of Services. You acknowledge that such funds will belong to EJobr.com immediately upon such funds being transferred to EJobr.com by you. However, EJobr.com agrees to refund such funds to Employer in the event that (y) a Freelancer acknowledges that services have not been completed or (z) Employer and Freelancer have concluded the process comprising the Dispute Resolution Service with a result indicating that Employer is the rightful recipient of such funds. EJobr.com agrees to keep both Employer and Freelancer informed as to the status of the Assumed Payment Liability and if, for any reason, a party requests Dispute Resolution Service regarding such status, will notify both parties that the matter will be addressed through the Dispute Resolution Service.
2. Pay Disputes. If an Employer or Freelancer reasonably disputes the quality or completion of services provided by such Freelancer, then both Employer and Freelancer agree that EJobr.com shall have no payment obligations to any party related to relevant fees until such dispute is resolved in accordance with Section 6 below. EJobr.com’s obligation to pay any Payment (less applicable Service Charge) is expressly conditioned upon resolution of all outstanding disputes with respect to such Payment.
C. Funds Transfer.
1. General.To receive funds due to you, you must request such funds and indicate your selection of the funds transfer methods available on the Website. Any such requests shall be subject to the conditions and restrictions contained on the Website and in these Terms of Service. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms of Service, if EJobr.com determines in its sole discretion that a Registered User has violated the conditions and restrictions of the Website or Terms of Service, EJobr.com has the right to refuse to process such request.
2. Hold on Transfers. EJobr.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to place a hold on requested transfers if EJobr.com suspects monies may be subject to charge back, bank reversal, failure to clear or fraud. EJobr.com will release a hold as soon as practical.
D. Legal Relationship.
1. EJobr.com is not your agent with respect to any funds that have been transferred to EJobr.com for any Assumed Payment Liabilities.
2. Each Freelancer must properly discharge and credit Employers for all payments that EJobr.com makes to such Freelancer in respect of services provided to such Employers.
3. EJobr.com acts as a payment provider by creating, hosting, maintaining, and providing the EJobr Billing and Payment Services to you via the Internet. EJobr.com does not have any control over the services invoiced or paid for with the EJobr Billing and Payment Services. Additionally, EJobr.com does not control whether an Employer or Freelancer will actually complete the underlying transaction. EJobr.com is not responsible in any way for the timeliness or accuracy of the invoices or the timeliness, accuracy, completion or workmanship of any work product produced by a Freelancer as a result of an awarded Project. Nothing in these Terms of Service will be deemed to constitute EJobr.com as your agent with respect to any service purchased and sold by Registered Users through the Website, or expand or modify any warranty, liability or indemnity stated in these Terms of Service.
4. By using the EJobr Billing and Payment Services, you expressly acknowledge that (a) EJobr.com is not acting as a trustee or a fiduciary of Employers or Freelancers and that the EJobr Billing and Payment Services are provided to Registered Users administratively; (b) EJobr.com is not a “financial institution” as defined under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the EJobr Billing and Payment Services are payment services rather than a banking services; (c) EJobr.COM IS NOT A BANK AND ANY PAYMENTS TRANSFERRED THROUGH EJobr.COM ARE NOT INSURED DEPOSITS AND ARE SUBJECT TO DEFAULT, LOSS OR FORFEITURE.
E. Miscellaneous Payment Terms.
1. Authorized Payments are Final. Your use of the EJobr Billing and Payment Services constitutes your agreement to pay for any amounts which you authorize us to retain from transactions and, as appropriate, charge to your credit card, bank account, or PayPal account. Such payments, once authorized, are final. When an Employer’s Acceptance of Services has occurred, (i) EJobr.com shall have no further liability to any party with respect to Payment for such services, (ii) Employer acknowledges that EJobr.com has provided a complete service in respect of the payment made by Employer for the Assumed Payment Liability or Invoice, as applicable and (iii) Employer hereby releases EJobr.com from any and all liability with respect to such Payment.
2. Fraudulent Transactions; Erroneous or Duplicate Transactions; Charge Backs. EJobr.com reserves the right to seek reimbursement from you, and you will reimburse EJobr.com, if EJobr.com discovers a fraudulent transaction, erroneous or duplicate transaction, or if EJobr.com receives a charge back or reversal from any Employer’s credit card company, bank, or PayPal for any reason. You agree to and acknowledge EJobr.com’s right to investigate any and all transactions for fraud. Further, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests made by EJobr.com in an effort to investigate fraud. You agree that EJobr.com has the right to obtain such reimbursement by charging your Account, deducting amounts from future transfers, charging your credit card or any bank account associated with your Account, or obtaining reimbursement from you by any other lawful means, including using a third party collection agency. Failure to pay for reimbursements of a charge back or a reversal of payment is cause for termination of your Account.
3. Currency. The EJobr Billing and Payment Services operate in US Dollars and therefore EJobr.com is not responsible for currency fluctuations that occur when billing or crediting a credit or debit card denominated in a currency other than US Dollars, nor is EJobr.com responsible for currency fluctuations that occur when receiving or sending payment via wire transfer, check or automated clearinghouse to and from your bank account, credit card account, other merchant provider or PayPal account.
4. Exclusivity and Non-Circumvention. Employers agree to use the EJobr Billing and Payment Services to make all payments to Freelancers, whether first-time, repeat, or follow-on. You also agree not to take any action directly or indirectly to circumvent the EJobr Billing and Payment Services or any associated fees. As a Freelancer, you agree to use EJobr Billing and Payment Services to receive all payments from Employers identified through the Website, whether first-time, repeat, or follow-on. Additionally, you agree not to circumvent the EJobr Billing and Payment Services or any associated fees.
5. Notification. As an Employer, you agree to notify EJobr.com immediately if your Freelancer solicits payment from you outside the Website. As a Freelancer, you agree to notify EJobr.com immediately if your Employer seeks to pay you outside the Website. If you are aware of a breach of the foregoing prohibitions, or any potential circumvention of the EJobr Billing and Payment Services, please submit a confidential report to EJobr.com at Ejobrprotection@Ejobr.com. Please send any communication , text, etc that can validate this type of breach or our terms.
6. Agreement to Pay. If, for any reason, EJobr.com does not receive payment for any amounts that you have authorized to be paid through your use of the EJobr Billing and Payment Services, you agree to pay such amount immediately upon demand by EJobr.com. You also agree to pay any interest charges, attorneys’ fees and other costs of collection incurred by EJobr.com in collecting from you the authorized but unpaid amount. In such case, EJobr.com may, at its option, stop processing any further payments made by you and apply any amounts then held by EJobr.com on your behalf toward any deficiencies, losses or costs that we have incurred as a result of your use of the EJobr Billing and Payment Services. We may also make appropriate reports to credit reporting agencies, financial institutions, tax agencies and law enforcement authorities, and cooperate with them in any resulting investigation or prosecution.
A. Eligibility. EJobr.com offers the Dispute Resolution Service to those Registered Users that have requested EJobr.com to assume all or a portion of the payment liability for services and who are engaged in a dispute over a Project that is (i) pursuant to a project posting by an Employer through the Website, (ii) pursuant to a bid for by a Freelancer through the Website for such job posting and (iii) pursuant to an acceptance through the Website by the Employer for such bid. Employer and Freelancer agree and acknowledge that, with respect to Assumed Payment Liabilities, any and all disputes relating to the underlying fees shall be governed by the terms of this Section 6.
1. Negotiation. In any dispute between Registered Users relating to a Project that is eligible for Dispute Resolution Service, you agree to negotiate such dispute in good faith. If the result of such negotiation is acceptable to both parties in a dispute, you agree to indicate your approval of such negotiation through the Website and EJobr.com will disburse funds in accordance with the results of such negotiation. If you are dissatisfied with the progress, you agree to submit your dispute to binding arbitration as further set forth below.
2. Arbitration. In any dispute between an Employer and a Freelancer which cannot be resolved through negotiation, you expressly agree to and acknowledge that EJobr.com or a third party chosen by EJobr.com will arbitrate the dispute in accordance with these Terms of Service and the Website.
(a) You acknowledge and agree that EJobr.com will construe any Project Agreement based on the transaction’s course of dealing and common industry practices. Specifically, in rendering its decision, the arbitrator shall only be obligated to consider the following: (i) the Project Agreement, (ii) the parties’ course of dealings, as evidenced by activity on or communications through the Website, (iii) the Project itself and (iv) any information or communication that the Employer and the Freelancer agree should be considered.
(b) EJobr.com shall render its decision within five (5) business days of escalation. During this time, you are encouraged to continue to negotiate an amicable settlement with the Freelancer with which you are engaged in a dispute.
(c) You agree that the decision of EJobr.com, acting as an arbitrator, shall be final, binding, and not subject to appeal. Accordingly, within a reasonable time after we have rendered a decision, we will transfer funds in accordance with the arbitrator’s decision.
(d) In the event that you are the prevailing party in its arbitration decision, you agree that you shall have no right, title to, interest in or license to the Project that is the subject matter of the dispute. In such case, you agree to return any physical copies of such Project in your possession and destroy any electronic copies that you have.
C. Communication. You agree and acknowledge that (1) EJobr.com will use the e-mail address corresponding with your Account registered at the time a dispute arises to notify and communicate with you with regard to any dispute and (2) you are solely responsible for the receipt of any notification or communication sent by EJobr.com using the e-mail address corresponding with your Account registered at the time a dispute arises.
D. Acknowledgements. You agree and acknowledge that (1) EJobr.com is not providing legal services to you, (2) EJobr.com will not advise you regarding any legal matters and (3) if you desire to have legal counsel, you will seek independent legal counsel licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction and not rely on EJobr.com for any such counsel. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless EJobr.com and any of our affiliates against any damages or liability you may suffer as a result of using the Dispute Resolution Service. If you do not agree to use this Dispute Resolution Service under these terms, you should not request EJobr.com to assume the Assumed Payment Liabilities.
At the request of an Employer, EJobr.com shall issue each individual Freelancer whom you have engaged through the Website a summary on Form 1099 reflecting Payments (less fees) paid to each Freelancer. You hereby acknowledge that, although EJobr.com may provide the 1099 Service to Employers, the Employer’s Project Agreement to obtain services and make payments is an agreement between an Employers and a Freelancer.
TERM; TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
A. These Terms of Service shall become effective as your contractual agreement upon your use of the Website, and shall continue until your Account is terminated by you or EJobr.com as provided for under the terms of this section.
B. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing between the parties, either party may terminate the contractual agreement represented by these Terms of Service at any time upon notice to the other party. In such event, your Account is automatically terminated and (1) EJobr.com shall continue to perform those services necessary to complete any open transaction between you and another Registered User; and (2) you shall continue to be obligated to pay any amounts accrued but unpaid as of the date of termination to EJobr.com for any service and to any Freelancer for any services.
C. Any termination of an Account will automatically lead to the termination of all related profiles.
D. Without limiting our other remedies, we may issue a warning, or temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your Account or a Project, and refuse to provide any or all services to you if: (1) you breach the letter or spirit of any terms and conditions of these Terms of Service or the linked policies and information incorporated herein by reference, including our written policies and procedures posted on the Website; (2) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (3) we believe in our sole discretion that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our Registered Users or for EJobr.com or are contrary to the interests of the Website. Once indefinitely suspended or terminated, you must not continue to use the Website under the same Account, a different Account, or register under a new Account.
E. In addition, violations of these Terms of Service may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and may result in additional penalties and sanctions.
F. Without limiting our other remedies, to the extent you engage in actions or activities which circumvent the EJobr Billing and Payment Services or otherwise reduce fees owed EJobr.com under these Terms of Service, you must pay EJobr.com for all fees owed to EJobr.com and reimburse EJobr.com for all losses and costs and reasonable expenses (including attorney fees) related to investigating such breach and collecting such fees.
G. When your Account is terminated for any reason, you may no longer have access to data, messages, files and other material you keep on the Website. The material may be deleted along with all your previous posts and proposals.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY.
A. EJobr.com Content. Your use of the Website and the services provided therein and thereby is governed by the terms of these Terms of Service and the EJobr.com IP Policy. It is your responsibility to review the EJobr.com IP Policy, which is incorporated by reference, and we suggest that you review the IP Policy and print a copy for yourself. The IP Policy is posted on the Website and may be updated from time to time.
B. Registered User Content.
1. You are solely responsible for information posted on our Website, including but not limited to (a) any audio, video or photographic content (collectively, “Multimedia Content”), (b) any posting or listing made in any public message area, through any email feature or through EJobr.com’s feedback feature (collectively, “”>Non-Multimedia Content”) and (c) any other content of a personal nature including but not limited to your resume, biography, work history and work product produced for another Registered User including Companies (“Personal Content”). You retain ownership of all Multimedia Content and Personal Content, subject to the licenses granted herein.
2. You hereby assign to EJobr.com your rights in any Non-Multimedia Content. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free, irrevocable right to exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Multimedia Content and to use such Multimedia Content for the purpose of advertising and publicizing EJobr.com products and services and you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free, irrevocable right to use the Personal Content for the purpose of providing Services.
3. Your information must not: (a) infringe any third party’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property, publicity or privacy; (b) be defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing; nor (c) be obscene, indecent or contain pornography.
4. We do not endorse any information posted by Registered Users and we are not liable for any such information posted on the Website, including but not limited to any information posted about you. We reserve the right to take any action, in our sole discretion, with respect to information posted on the Website which we believe is inappropriate, including but not limited to termination of your Account. However, we cannot, nor do we, control the information provided by you or other Registered Users or other content providers which is made available through our system.
C. Removal of Content for which Copyright Infringement Is Claimed.
1. Pursuant to 17 USC. § 512 as amended by Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, EJobr.com has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and for processing such claims in accordance with the Act. If you believe your copyrights are being infringed by a User of the Website, please fill out a Notice of Infringement form and fax it to EJobr.com Copyright Infringement Notices at Copyrights@ejobr.com
2. The information requested by the Notice of Infringement form substantively complies with the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC. § 512(c)(3)(A), which provides that a notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication provided to the designated agent that includes substantially the following:
(a) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at such website.
(c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Freelancer to locate the material.
(d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Freelancer to contact the complaining party such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
(e) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.(f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.(g) Notification from a copyright owner or from a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that fails to comply substantially with the provisions above shall not be considered as providing actual knowledge or an awareness of facts or circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
3. Additionally, you are required to provide a Notice of Infringement form each time you wish to report alleged acts of infringement and fax it to the number provided above.
REPRESENTATIONS, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
A. Registered User Representations and Warranties. All Registered Users represent, warrant, and agree:
1. not to grant access to an Account only to users authorized to act on behalf of the Registered User and only in accordance with these Terms of Service.
2. to be fully responsible and liable for any action of any user who uses your Account.
3. not to use your Account, username, or password of another Registered User that you are not expressly authorized to use.
4. not to allow any third party who is not authorized to do so to use your Account at any time.
5. not to use any device, software or routine, including but not limited to any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, robots or denial-of-service attacks, intended to damage or interfere with the operation of the Website or any transaction being conducted through the Website.
6. not to intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information from the Website.
7. not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website infrastructure, including but not limited to “spam” or other such unsolicited mass emailing techniques.
8. that it has the right and authority to enter into the Terms of Service and to transact business hereunder.
9. that they are using the Website solely for the purpose of entering into a bona fide business transaction with other Registered Users.
10. that they will not use the Website or its services to defraud or mislead any person or entity, including without limitation EJobr.com or any Register User.
11. that they will not use the Website to violate any law or regulation of the United States of America or any international law or treaty.
12. that they are not a resident national of, or, an entity located in any country subject to economic sanctions imposed by the government of the United States of America. The current list of US sanctions can be found here.
13. that they are not currently and have never been listed as a Specially Designated National by the United Stated Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”).
14. that they will not use the Website in connection with any “prohibited transaction” as defined under the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 515; Iranian Transactions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 560; or Sudanese Sanction Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 538; Former Liberian Regime of Charles Taylor Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 593; Burmese Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 537; Foreign Assets Control Regulations as they relate to North Korea, 31 C.F.R. Part 500; Executive Order 1338; or any other law, regulation or executive order of the United States of America.
B. Warranty Disclaimer. THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY EJOBR.COM OR OUR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AS AVAILABLE, AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OR TRADE). WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE QUALITY, IDENTITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THE POSTINGS MADE ON THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR ALL THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO TO THAT EXTENT, IF ANY, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
C. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER REGISTERED USER FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT WILL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY ACTION OR CLAIM RELATED TO THE WEBSITE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) $100 OR (B) THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF MONIES ACTUALLY COLLECTED BY US FROM YOU FOR THE SERVICES TO WHICH THE LIABILITY RELATES DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DETERMINATION OF SUCH LIABILITY. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR ALL THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO TO THAT EXTENT, IF ANY, SOME OR ALL OF THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
D. General Release. If you have a dispute with another Registered User, you release EJobr.com (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
E. State Specific Release. YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542 (AND ANY ANALOGOUS LAW IN ANY OTHER APPLICABLE JURISDICTION) WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
F. Indemnity. You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify EJobr.com from and against any and all losses, costs, expenses, damages or other liabilities incurred by EJobr.com from and against any cost, liability, loss, damage, cause of action, claim, suit, proceeding, demand or action brought by a third party against EJobr.com: (1) in connection with your use of the Services including any payment obligations incurred through use of the EJobr Billing and Payment Services; or (2) resulting from: (a) your use of the Website (b) your decision to supply credit information via the Website, including personal financial information; (c) your decision to submit postings and accept offers from other Registered Users; (d) any breach of contract or other claims made by Registered Users with which you conducted business through the Website; (e) your breach of any provision of these Terms of Service; (f) any liability arising from the tax treatment of payments or any portion thereof; (g) any negligent or intentional wrongdoing by any Registered User; (h) any act or omission of yours with respect to the payment of fees to any Freelancer; (i) your dispute of or failure to pay any Invoice or any other Payment; or (j) your obligations to a Freelancer. Any such indemnification shall be conditioned on our: (i) notifying you in writing of any such claim, demand, action, cost, liability, loss or threat of any thereof; (ii) cooperating with you in the defense or settlement thereof; and (iii) allowing you to control such defense or settlement. We shall be entitled to participate in such defense through our own counsel at our own cost and expense. We reserve the right to report any wrongdoing of which we become aware to the applicable government agencies or otherwise.
G. Links. The Website may contain links to third-party web sites not under the control or operation of EJobr.com. When we provide links, we do so only as a convenience and do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
H. Data. You are responsible for creation, storage, and backup of your business records. These Terms of Service and any registration for or subsequent use of this Website will not be construed as creating any responsibility on EJobr.com’s part to store, backup, retain, or grant access to any information or data for any period.
MISCELLANEOUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. Compliance with Law. You are responsible for compliance with applicable U.S. state, U.S. federal and international laws, regulation and treaties, keeping in mind that access to the contents of this Website may not be legal for or by certain persons or in certain countries.
B. Modification and Waiver. EJobr.com will not be considered to have modified or waived any of our rights or remedies under these Terms of Service unless the modification or waiver is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of EJobr.com. No delay or omission by EJobr.com in exercising its rights or remedies will impair its rights or be construed as a waiver. Any single or partial exercise of a right or remedy will not preclude further exercise of any other right or remedy.
C. Severability. If any part of these Terms of Service is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
D. Assignment or Transfer. You will not transfer, assign or delegate your rights or obligations (including your Account) under these Terms of Service to anyone without the express written permission of EJobr.com, and any attempt to do so will be null and void. EJobr.com may assign these Terms of Service in its sole discretion.
E. State Specific Legal Notice. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1789.3 and California Business and Professions Code Section 17538, residents of California are hereby advised of the following: EJobr.com, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is the provider of the electronic commercial service on the Website. Registered Users are notified in advance regarding any applicable service charges. The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs in California may be contacted in writing at 400 R. Street, Suite 3090, Sacramento, CA 95814 or by calling 1-800-952-5210. Upon your request, you may have this Agreement sent to you by email. Please feel free to contact EJobr.com to resolve a complaint regarding any aspect of service relating to the Website by writing to the above address, or contact us at info@EJobr.com.
F. Force Majeure. Except for the payment of fees to EJobr.com, neither of the parties to these Terms of Service shall be responsible for the failure to perform or any delay in performance of any obligation hereunder due to labor disturbances, accidents, fires, floods, telecommunications or Internet failures, strikes, wars, riots, rebellions, blockades, acts of government, governmental requirements and regulations or restrictions imposed by law or any other similar conditions beyond the reasonable control of such party. The time for performance of such party shall be extended by the period of such delay.
G. Notice. All notices required or permitted to be given under these Terms of Service, shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given if delivered personally or sent by pre-paid telex, telefax or telegram, or mailed first-class, postage pre-paid, by registered or certified mail (notices sent by telex or telefax, or telegram, shall be deemed to have been given on the date sent; those mailed shall be deemed to have been given ten (10) business days after mailing) to the addresses set forth below or to such other address as any party shall designate by notice in writing.
If to EJobr.com:
30 N. Gould St, Suite 10290
Sheridan, WY 82801
If to Registered User:
To the address associated with Registered User’s access or login information.
H. Headings and Labels. The boldface paragraph headings in these Terms of Service are included for ease of reference only and have no binding effect.
I. Integration. These Terms of Service and all documents referenced in these Terms of Service (including the policies listed and available by hyperlink) comprise the entire agreement between you and EJobr.com with respect to the use of this Website and supersede all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein as well as any conflicting or inconsistent terms in any Website that link to or are linked from the Website.
J. Survival. Sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 will survive any termination of these Terms of Service for any reason.
The uses described in these Terms are prohibited regardless of where on the Site they occur. For example, the activities are prohibited in job posts, proposals, EJOBR messages, communications with customer service or disputes, the community forum, and Client or Freelancer feedback.
1.1 Illegal, Fraudulent, Harmful, or Offensive Uses
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct or induce others to use, the Site or Services for any activities that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; for any other illegal, fraudulent, harmful, or offensive purpose; or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
Examples of prohibited uses of the Site or Site Services include:
Seeking, offering, or endorsing illegal, obscene, or pornographic services or activities, including services (i) that would violate the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, of another person, entity, service, product, or website or (ii) that would involve the creation, review, or editing of pornographic, erotic, obscene, or sexually explicit material;
Posting content that is offensive, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, discriminatory, illegal, pornographic, obscene or sexually explicit in nature;
Seeking, offering, or endorsing any services that would violate EJOBR’s Terms of Service or the terms of service of another website or any other contractual obligations;
Seeking, offering, or endorsing any services that violate the academic policies of any educational institution;
Fraudulently billing or attempting to fraudulently bill any Client, including by (i) falsifying or manipulating or attempting to falsify or manipulate the hours, keystrokes, or mouse clicks recorded in the EJOBR Team App, (ii) reporting, recording, or otherwise billing clients for time that was not actually worked, or (iii) reporting, recording, or otherwise billing hours worked by another person as hours worked by you in a way that is misleading or false;
Expressing a preference in a job post or proposal or otherwise unlawfully discriminating on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military/veteran status or any basis protected by applicable law;
Posting content that is harassing towards another person or violates the rights of a third party;
Posting identifying information concerning another person;
Making or demanding bribes;
Making or demanding payments without the intention of providing or receiving services in exchange for the payment;
Spamming other Users;
Using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission or collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including Account names, from the Site; and
Engaging in any conduct that is reasonably likely to or that is intended to harm the Site, including (i) imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load (in our sole discretion) on the Site’s infrastructure; (ii) interfering or attempting to interfere with the proper operation of the Site or Site Services or any activities conducted on the Site; (iii) bypassing any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or any subparts of the Site, including, without limitation, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein; or (iv) attempting to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site.
Using the Site Other than For the Intended Purposes
EJOBR makes the Site and Services available for Clients and Freelancers to find one another, enter into service relationships, make and receive payments through escrow, and receive and perform Freelancer Services. Users are expected to use the Site and Services for their intended purposes and Users may not use the Site and Services in contravention of their intended purposes. The following are examples of prohibited use of the Site:
Offering services for the sole purpose of obtaining positive feedback of any kind;
Requesting, demanding, or receiving free services, including requesting Freelancers to submit work as part of the proposal process for very little or no money or posting contests in which Freelancers submit work with no or very little pay, and only the winning submission is paid the full amount;
Requesting a fee before allowing another User to submit a proposal;
Posting the same job multiple times so that more than one version remains active at a given time;
Withholding payment or Work Product or engaging in any other conduct for the purpose of obtaining positive feedback from another User;
Attempting to falsify, manipulate, or coerce another User by threatening to give negative feedback;
Misusing the feedback feature to express views unrelated to the work, such as political, religious, or social commentary;
Duplicating or sharing accounts;
Selling, trading, or giving an account to another person without EJOBR’s consent;
Sharing or soliciting contact information such as email, phone number, or Skype ID in a profile or job post;
Soliciting or processing payment outside of EJOBR in violation of the Terms of Service;
Advertising products or services that are outside or beyond the scope of the EJOBR marketplace; and
Advertising on EJOBR to recruit Freelancers to join an Agency or another website or company.
Using the Site to Post False or Misleading Content
All profiles, jobs, proposals, and other content posted to the Site must be truthful and not misleading. Here are examples of prohibited uses:
Misrepresenting a Freelancer’s experience, skills, or information;
Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an EJOBR representative, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
Falsely attributing statements to any EJOBR representative, forum leader, guide or host;
Allowing another person to use your account, which is misleading to other Users;
Falsely stating or implying a relationship with EJOBR or with another company with whom you do not have a relationship;
Falsely stating or implying a relationship with another User, including an Agency continuing to use a Freelancer’s profile or information after the Freelancer no longer works with the Agency; and
Falsely stating that one Freelancer will perform the work on a job when another will in fact perform the work, including submitting a proposal on behalf of a Freelancer that is unable, unwilling, or unavailable to do the work.
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of these Terms. We may investigate violations and may remove, disable access to, or modify any content that violates these Terms.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate User information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of these Terms.
3. REPORTING AND CORRECTING VIOLATIONS
If you become aware of any violation of these Terms, you must immediately report it to Customer Service. You agree to assist us with any investigation we undertake and to take any remedial steps we require in order to correct a violation of these Terms.